Thursday 8 July 2010

Leftenstar and the spade

Wow! I've really enjoyed having some fun with photoshop today after a long dry spell ^^ This is some fanart for a friend's story. I just love this scene! http://neelachips.deviantart.com/#/d2r6k1c
I was having fun messing around with a more painterly approach, as well as my usual cel shading attempts. I wanted to give the impression of a slightly dream-like space, with a mad swarm of toothed creatures. It was also an exercise in dynamic poses and folds... it's not dead on but I had fun :D

4 comments:

Kate said...

I love it!

Anonymous said...

Thank you :D

aqws said...

I mistook this for a Kate Brown drawing on first glance! I think it's something about well placed feet... and the hips. It's a really nice drawing! That saturated orange sky is killing the blood on the spade though. I'd re-think that.
~John~

nana said...

Haha this is really fun! Sorry I didn't spot it earlier! With dynamic poses I often try to exaggerate curves, so here she could be bending even further back for example. Hehe love the creatures, I thought they were red platelets from a distance.

Post a Comment